Comments on the new edit form

Re: Comments on the new edit form

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 12:44:30

Currently, when a setlist has a tour name, the Add Setlist (of the same tour) button only appears when the setlist has content. This is by far the easiest way to add a setlist of the same tour.
When there is no show in the tour with any setlist content, I‘ve been adding an @Unknown song to a setlist letting me use the Add Setlist (of the same tour) button.

^^This and also the possibility to add more bands the same night are the things I need the most now. Would be great if this gonna happen.

I really like the button 'Today', I always wanted this button, but always forget to ask

Would be cool if it is possible to make the text field as standard instead the line by line field when editing setlists sorry didn't see this

Tour field autocorrection and drop down or something like this would be cool. As far as I remember, this was possible a few years ago, why got this feature scrapped?

Last edited 17 Aug 2013, 12:52:59

Posted 17 Aug 2013, 16:12:56

I had to look here to find out the difference between 'Edit setlist info' and 'edit setlist', its a little confusing as they pretty much mean the same thing.
I find it is much slower too. Sometimes the song list does not load at all. When I choose to restore the existing list I see the setlist popup for a split second in text form, then it tries to change to the line by line form and just stalls. Line by line form & text form remain blank. Occasionally after a very long wait the songs do load. My internet connection is pretty quick so I don't know why this is. Is there any reason why it is much slower now? This would put me off bothering to enter corrections at all, it was time consuming enough using the old format.
Finally, I don't see the point of the restore option at all. Better to just load the existing list and let the user edit away. If they want to clear the list (which is unlikely & uncommon) they can delete the usual way.

Edit: Seems faster bringing up the songlist now.

Last edited 17 Aug 2013, 16:23:54

Posted 18 Aug 2013, 2:14:12

As leglessmoof correctly pointed out, we are aware of this and actually we‘ll start working on this right after the wizard gets finished.

Sweet, that's good to hear! Thanks for your comments on my other suggestions too :)

Additionally, the “Edit Comment” box (for linking to a source, etc.) should be in both stages of the add/edit process.

Last edited 18 Aug 2013, 2:17:48

Posted 18 Aug 2013, 8:40:45

Found another slight irritatation about the new form (or a bug, I'm not sure). In the previous version, when I entered the name of the venue in the 'Venue' field, the pop-up list with the possible variants was reducing by the numbers as I entered letter after letter, leaving only the right one to choose from in the end. Now nothing reduces at all, the right variant just places itself above all the others. This is definetly could be confusing for any user and, if not a bug, I think should be rolled back to the way it was before.

Posted 18 Aug 2013, 13:51:48

Yes that's been bothering me too. Plus one other thing. When I update a setlist the “venue missing” button is missing.

Posted 19 Aug 2013, 19:03:33

absolutely HATE the new edit form. wish it was the same as before.

Posted 20 Aug 2013, 8:59:15

I really like the button ‘Today‘, I always wanted this button, but always forget to ask

Thanks, we might add some more (e.g. Yesterday)

As far as I remember, this was possible a few years ago, why got this feature scrapped?

You're right. The tour autocorrection will come back with a future version of the field.

‘Edit setlist info‘ and ‘edit setlist‘, its a little confusing as they pretty much mean the same thing.

Yes, we need to use different words there.

Finally, I don‘t see the point of the restore option at all.

The restore option expires as soon as you submit the setlist. It's for the cases where you spend a lot of time editing a setlist and then the browser accidentally reloads (which happens a lot on mobile browsers) or you lose your internet connection.

Additionally, the “Edit Comment” box (for linking to a source, etc.) should be in both stages of the add/edit process.

It will be.

Now nothing reduces at all, the right variant just places itself above all the others.
This is definetly could be confusing for any user and, if not a bug, I think should be rolled back to the way it was before.

Thanks we'll take a look at this one.

When I update a setlist the “venue missing” button is missing.

Wasn't it missing in the old form too? However it shouldn't be. Thanks.

absolutely HATE the new edit form. wish it was the same as before.

Any reason why?

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 0:33:41

Fwiw …

The “tour” feature is meaningless to me. I rarely fill it in when I'm adding a new setlist. I click right through that screen, so I think it could be combined with the general setlist info page (date, location, artist name, etc.).

As to the new form to edit a setlist, I prefer the Text Field because I've gotten used to that style and learned the formatting for it, but I can see the advantages of Line by Line, especially for infrequent users of the site.

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 6:35:54

I always get the error screen when I use the revert setlist function, when i go back on the browser, than it works – I mean this function never worked that good but now its pretty circuitous

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 7:44:53

Suggestion:
When we add a new venue with the Venue Missing? button upon creating a new setlist, would it be possible to have the newly created venue automatically selected for that setlist? This would save a bit of time, especially with adding tour dates of little-known bands playing small venues.

Last edited 21 Aug 2013, 7:45:06

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 8:00:52

The “tour” feature is meaningless to me.

You're obviously not alone, and we're moving this to an optional area.

I always get the error screen when I use the revert setlist function

The reverts have always been a big buggy, that's correct. They deserve a bit more love, and will get it in upcoming releases.

When we add a new venue with the Venue Missing? button upon creating a new setlist, would it be possible to have the newly created venue automatically selected for that setlist?

Not sure about this… I'll get back to this after the updates mentioned in this thread.

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 8:23:38

The new form refuses to “Submit” after editing a setlist and only adding a festival to it.

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 8:29:09

The new form refuses to “Submit” after editing a setlist and only adding a festival to it.

What does it do instead?

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 8:32:48

What does it do instead?

The blue loading bars appear in the top right corner, then disappear. The festival is created, but you're stuck in editing mode.
The only solution is to just close the browser tab/window.

Last edited 21 Aug 2013, 8:33:18

Posted 21 Aug 2013, 15:12:02

michi: just hate change i suppose. but then again, i'll get used to it.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.