Comments on the new edit form

Re: Comments on the new edit form

Posted 29 Aug 2013, 7:53:52

A button on viewing a setlist would also be handy.

Where? It's on the confirmation page, or do you mean the “power editor” form?

One more suggestion (unrelated to the new form, seems excessive to post a new forum topic):
What is the possibly of adding a “creator:…“ search term.

The possibility is very low.

I would use this purely for curiosity‘s sake, to see how many setlists I have created – opposed to just edited with “editor:…”.

No new term needed: 7231 ;-)

Posted 29 Aug 2013, 12:37:40

Sounds like a session expiration that happens after 60 minutes inactivity. Was you inactive time anywhere near this?

I've had this issue recently too. I think the issue started with the June 4, 2013 update, perhaps even earlier.

I've had sessions expire after 10 or 15 minutes, maybe even less than that.

I didn't report it earlier, because I just assumed you lowered the expiration time to accommodate festival season.

Posted 29 Aug 2013, 12:42:50

I‘ve had this issue recently too. I think the issue started with the June 4, 2013 update, perhaps even earlier. I‘ve had sessions expire after 10 or 15 minutes, maybe even less than that.

Ok thanks.

Posted 29 Aug 2013, 12:56:28

Also, on the Edit form, I miss the “Return to previous step” and “Continue to next step” buttons. It's not uncommon for me to edit date, tour name, and songs all at once. Now I have to do 2 or 3 separate edits.

This would also generate 2 or 3 e-mail notifications to anyone subscribed to that setlist, where previously only 1 notification was generated. So not only is it more difficult for the editor, but it also affects anyone subscribed to e-mail notifications for that setlist.

I know most users would not change date/tour/songs all at once, so perhaps a profile option could be added to “show next/previous step buttons in the edit form” ?

Posted 29 Aug 2013, 13:00:09

This would also generate 2 or 3 e-mail notifications to anyone subscribed to that setlist.

That's something we're about to deal with soon.

I know most users would not change date/tour/songs all at once, so perhaps a profile option could be added to “show next/previous step buttons in the edit form” ?

Took a note of this one. Thanks.

Posted 29 Aug 2013, 14:53:54

Where? It‘s on the confirmation page, or do you mean the “power editor” form?

Open a setlist. I want to add another setlist at this venue. I have to click Add Setlist from the top right, and type the venue name. (Although I do like that we can just copy-paste an entire venue name now, and not have to select it from the list :) ). It would be easier to:
1. Have a button at this setlist to add another setlist at the same venue.
2. (The neater option): have this button on the venue's page.

No new term needed: 7231 ;-)

Awesome! Thanks!!

Finally
The
Today | +1 Day | +2 Days
buttons are handy. But I think it make more sense to have (without the forum markup screwing with the formatting…):
-2 Days | -1 Day | Today | +1 Day | +2 Days

Last edited 29 Aug 2013, 14:54:19

Posted 30 Aug 2013, 8:12:27

Today I've added some sets including festivals for the first time using a new form and discovered that after every single time I did the job of attaching the fest to the set clicking on 'Save setlist' does not redirect me back to the set like it should be. The blue loading field appears for a bit in the usual top right of the screen, then nothing happens. I had to manually exit the editing form, using the top links with the address.

And yes…

Also, on the Edit form, I miss the “Return to previous step“ and “Continue to next step“ buttons. It‘s not uncommon for me to edit date, tour name, and songs all at once. Now I have to do 2 or 3 separate edits.

Very true and time consuming to do all these edits one by one.

Posted 30 Aug 2013, 8:14:38

Today I‘ve added some sets including festivals for the first time using a new form and discovered that after every single time I did the job of attaching the fest to the set clicking on ‘Save setlist‘ does not redirect me back to the set like it should be.

This is a known bug (pomes27 reported it in this thread, which became huge, so it's no wonder that not everybody reads every post ;-)) and will be fixed.

Posted 31 Aug 2013, 4:03:21

Although I do like that we can just copy-paste an entire venue name now, and not have to select it from the list :)

Well this would actually seem to not be the case now, don't know what happened before. I would still like this feature – much like we can just type in an artist's name and not have to select it from the list (unless there are multiple artists of that name).

Posted 31 Aug 2013, 11:02:12

Although I do like that we can just copy-paste an entire venue name now, and not have to select it from the list :)

Thanks for the suggestion. Shouldn't be a problem.

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 3:31:43

Although handy at times, the automatic tour name creator is rather ridiculous.
I just added a Melbourne Ska Orchestra setlist on 26 January 2008. Previously, their oldest setlist was 26 January 2011. The tour name was taken from the setlist 3 years later, and applied to this new one! Pretty silly…
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/melbourne-ska-orchestra/2008/unknown-venue-melbourne-australia-5bc6475c.html

Last edited 12 Sep 2013, 3:31:51

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 3:58:41

My suggestion would be to limit tour name inference to dates between 2-3 months prior to the first tour date already created to 2-3 months after the last tour date created.

Posted 12 Sep 2013, 7:16:31

My suggestion would be to limit tour name inference to dates between 2–3 months prior to the first tour date already created to 2–3 months after the last tour date created.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Posted 18 Sep 2013, 11:50:59

That one's fixed now. Was a bug that only occurred in the situation pomes27 explained. From now on adjacent setlists with an event date with max 50 days before or after the date are used to assign the tour name.

Also this one. And you're now able to click on the green “Artist” or “Venue” to select the value in the text field.

Last edited 18 Sep 2013, 11:52:01

Posted 21 Sep 2013, 10:55:02

Also this one. And you're now able to click on the green “Artist” or “Venue” to select the value in the text field.

I don't think so. I want to be able to copy and paste a entire venue name in the “Add Setlist” window, and not have to choose it from the dropdown list.

Also, could it be possible to make the 'add setlist with same artist/date/tour/venue' form (on the right side after adding a setlist) possible to be opened in multiple tabs at once (Ctrl-Click in Google Chrome). This would be handy for adding a string of dates of a tour, and multiple artists at the same venue (rather than going back-and-forth many times).

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.