Last updated: April 25, 2012
If you have any questions, please click here for information on how to contact us.
Live Nation complies with the privacy laws and regulations of the United States of America. Live Nation makes no representation that this Site is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of other nations, or that the Site or any part thereof is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. By using this Site, visitors from outside of the United States of America acknowledge this Site is subject to the laws and regulations of the United States of America, and waive any claims that may arise under their own national laws.
Live Nation complies with the U.S. – E.U. Safe Harbor framework and the U.S. – Swiss Safe Harbor framework as set forth by the U.S. Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal data from European Union member countries and Switzerland. Live Nation adheres to the Safe Harbor Privacy Principles of notice, choice, onward transfer, security, data integrity, access, and enforcement. To learn more about the Safe Harbor program, please visit http://www.export.gov/safeharbor.
1. What Information We Collect
Live Nation gathers two basic types of information through the Site: "Personally Identifiable Information" (or "PII") and "Non-Personally Identifiable Information" (or "Non-PII").
a. Personally Identifiable Information
PII is information that identifies or can identify you as an individual (such as residential address, telephone number, or billing information) and Non-PII is aggregated information, demographic information, IP addresses, geographic location and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity.
b. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
When you visit and interact with the Site, Live Nation and third parties with whom Live Nation has contracted to provide services to Live Nation may collect Non-PII (for example, a catalog of the Site pages you visit). Non-PII is anonymous and does not identify you personally. Non-PII is generally collected through the Site from different sources, such as Internet protocol addresses and web logs; cookies; pixel tags and other similar technologies; and other Non-PII that you voluntarily provide (as explained below). In addition, if you opt in to use our Site from your mobile device, we may receive information about your actual location (such as GPS signals sent by your mobile device) or information that can be used to approximate a location (such as a cell ID).
- IP Protocol Addresses and Web Logs. This Site's web servers automatically collect the Internet Protocol (IP) addresses and log files of visitors. Your IP address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. This information is collected in an aggregate form only and does not contain any PII. We use your IP address, and the IP addresses of all users, for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose problems with the Site's servers, and administering the Site. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. In addition to the Non-PII usage of IP Addresses described above we also may link your IP address to personally identifiable information for fraud prevention purposes.
- Pixel Tags. We and our service providers may also use so-called "pixel tags," "web beacons," "clear GIFs" or similar means (collectively, "Pixel Tags") in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to track your use of our Site in order to provide you with more useful information and a more personalized experience the next time you visit. A Pixel Tag is an electronic image, often a single pixel (1x1), that is ordinarily not visible to Site visitors and may be associated with cookies on the visitors' hard drives. Pixel Tags do not contain any PII and allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when an email has been opened.
- OpenID. Portions of our site allow you to log in using an OpenID provider. These services will authenticate your identity and provide you the option to share certain personal information with us such as your name and email address to pre-populate our forms. OpenID services give you the option to post information about your activities on this Site to your profile page to share with others within your network.
2. How Information We Collect Is Used
We know it is very important to protect the information you share with us. We take appropriate security measures to help safeguard this information from unauthorized access and disclosure. For example, only authorized employees are permitted to access your personal information, and they may do so only for limited reasons. We also encrypt credit card numbers and other sensitive information before it is sent from your computer to ours using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We also use firewalls to help prevent unauthorized access to your personal information.
You should feel confident using our Site. However, no system can be completely secure. Although we take very significant steps to secure your information, there is always a chance that your information will not always remain secure, and you should always take great care in handling and disclosing your personal information. For example, avoid sending personal information through insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
a. Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Because Non-PII does not personally identify you, we may use such information for any purpose. For example, we may use Non-PII to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site and pages viewed as well as to diagnose problems with our servers and to administer the Site. We may then use this information to analyze and improve the features and functionality of this Site. We may use non-PII information about you and other Site visitors to sell and deliver advertising, promotions and content that we believe will be of interest to you. We may use third-party companies and networks to help us deliver this customized advertising to you based on your behavior on our Site. All information and data collected for those services is anonymous and cannot be used to identify you individually, but allows us to deliver online advertising that is more likely to be relevant and useful to you. To learn more about online behavioral advertising, visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/learn_more.asp. If you would prefer not to receive ads delivered to you based on your behavior on our Site, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp.
In addition, we reserve the right to share such Non-PII, which does not personally identify you, with third parties, for any purpose. For example, we may share information with advertisers or other third parties that are not part of the Live Nation family on an aggregate or other basis that does not disclose any of your PII.
In some instances, we may combine Non-PII with PII (such as embedding email addresses in cookies). If we do combine any Non-PII with PII, the combined information will be treated as PII. This "combined" PII is not shared with third parties, except as described in this Policy.
b. Personally Identifiable Information
- Site. We may use PII you give us to better tailor your Site experience to your interests, to show you content in which you may be interested and to display the content according to your preferences. We may also share your PII within the Live Nation business family in order to enhance your experience on other Live Nation websites. To the extent we do so, we make sure that your PII receives the same level of protection throughout the Live Nation business family. All Live Nation companies comply with applicable privacy and security laws and, at a minimum, in any commercial e-mail they send to you, will give you the opportunity to choose not to receive such e-mail messages in the future. Please note that such sharing may involve the collection use, storage, or disclosure of PII outside the United States.
- Communications. Unless you opt out, we may use your PII to send you information about Live Nation and its services as well as promotional material on behalf of some of our partners. If at any time you change your mind and prefer to no longer receive such marketing communications from us, please see the "Opt-Out Policy" section below.
- Fulfillment of Requests. Live Nation may use your PII to fulfill the purpose for which such PII was provided (e.g., using your name and email to confirm your registration or using your credit card information to fulfill your purchase).
- Facilitation of Transactions. Forms on the Site may sometimes be pre-populated with your PII in order to facilitate a transaction between you and Live Nation.
- Internal Business Purposes. We may also use your PII for our internal business purposes, such as to target advertising, for data analysis, for audits, for fraud prevention and for other internal purposes.
- Shopping/Commercial Services. This Site may offer merchandise and/or ticket purchase services, which may be offered by us or by one of our e-commerce partners. To the extent the merchandise and/or ticket purchase services are offered by one of our e-commerce partners, such e-commerce partner will be collecting and using the PII you provide. For more information regarding your transactions with our e-commerce partners, please refer to Section 4(b) below. To the extent Live Nation is the entity offering the purchase services, when you make a purchase through the Site, we may collect your credit card number or other payment account number (for example, your PayPal account number), billing address (including zip code) and other information related to such purchase (collectively, "Payment Information") from you. We will use the Payment Information that you provide to bill you for your purchase and to fulfill your purchase. We may also use your Payment Information to allow us to ship or deliver tickets and/or receipts to you, respond to customer service requests, review and enforce limits on the number of tickets purchased per event and to help prevent credit card fraud. By providing your Payment Information, you are authorizing us to give that information to third parties as necessary to confirm and fulfill your order (for example, to process your credit card or payment account number and to send you products you have ordered).
- Email This to a Friend. The Site may allow you to forward certain items posted on Site or links to Site features by email or Instant Messenger to other parties who you believe may be interested. If you wish to use this feature, you may provide us with such other party's email address or Instant Messenger screen name so that we can facilitate your sending of such message to such other party. To do so, any PII you provide in connection with sending such other party the message, such as your name and your email address or Instant Messenger screen name, will, of course, be disclosed to such other party. While, due to technical restrictions, the recipient's email address or Instant Messenger screen names may be retained in our log files, we do not knowingly share it with third parties and we do not use this PII for any purpose except to send this one-time message (unless the recipient has already consented to such use of his/her PII).
- Newsletter and Magazine Subscriptions. When you complete the ticket purchase for our shows, you will be automatically enrolled in our newsletter. In addition, for some shows you may receive a complimentary subscription to a trade magazine. For this purpose, we will provide your name and mailing address to the magazine subscription fulfillment company. You may choose to opt out of such subscriptions during the checkout process.
- Data Retention. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active, and as needed to provide you services and will use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
3. How Personally Identifiable Information We Collect Is Disclosed
We will disclose your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in the following sections.
a. Affiliate and Third Party Communications
We may share your PII with our affiliates, including Live Nation owned, operated or managed venues or other venues where Live Nation produced events occur, promoters or sponsors of Live Nation events or venues, artist representatives and fan clubs, and others who are involved in or bring you events. When you buy or sell tickets or bid in an auction on our Site (or try to do these things), you consent to allow us to provide your PII to these event providers and their contractors. We share this information so these event providers may send you announcements and notifications of events, products or services that might be of interest to you. For further information, please see the "Opt-Out Policy" section below.
b. Live Nation Service Providers
We work with third parties who provide services including but not limited to data analysis, order fulfillment, credit card processing, email communications and other services of an administrative nature. If you use our services, we reserve the right to share your PII with such third parties for the purpose of enabling these third parties to provide such services. We take reasonable steps to ensure these third parties treat PII in a manner comparable to how we do so.
c. Public Forums and Other Interactive Features
In the event that you encounter any Site user who you believe is improperly collecting or using information about you or other users, please contact us at email@example.com.
d. Online Surveys/Sweepstakes and Contests
e. Other Purposes.
We also may disclose your information:
- In response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order, or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or another government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent, or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, our users, our employees, or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; or to enforce our Site terms and conditions or other agreements or policies.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the reorganization or sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation or asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
4. Collection of Information By Third Parties
a. Co-Branded Pages.
b. Transactions With E-Commerce Partners, Vendors and Advertisers
c. Job Postings
If you apply for a position with Live Nation and submit your personal information through our Ste, the information you submit will be used only in connection with considering and acting upon your application. We may retain your personal information for a period of time, but only for the purpose of considering your application for current or future available positions.
d. Third Party Advertising
Some of the ads appearing on this Site may be delivered to you by third party advertisers. In the course of serving advertisements to this Site, the third-party advertisers may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser. Non-PII about your visits to this Site, such as number of times you have viewed an ad, is used to serve ads to you. Some of these third parties may be advertising networks that are members of the Network Advertising Initiative, which offers a website to opt out of ad targeting from several advertising companies (www.networkadvertising.org).
e. Third Party Links
5. Opt-Out Policy.
a. Live Nation Communications
When you supply Live Nation with PII, from time-to-time, in Live Nation's discretion, you may be asked to indicate whether you are interested in receiving information from us about special offers in connection with the Site, Live Nation and/or our advertisers and partners. Unless you opt out to receive such communications, we may, from time to time, send you marketing communications.
At any time, you can choose to no longer receive commercial or promotional emails from us by clicking here and following the instructions to unsubscribe. Also, in any promotional email we send, you will be given the opportunity to opt out of receiving such messages in the future by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says "unsubscribe." It may take up to 10 days for us to process an opt-out request.
Even if you have unsubscribed from receiving promotional emails from us, we may send you other types of important e-mail communications without offering you the opportunity to opt out of receiving them. These may include customer service announcements, administrative notices and surveys.
Please note that changing information in your account or opting out of receiving promotional email communications will affect only future communications from us. If we already provided your information to a third party (such as an event provider) before you changed your preferences or updated your information, you may have to change your preferences directly with that third party as well.
b. Affiliate and Third Party Communications
From time-to-time in Live Nation's discretion, you may receive offers directly from our affiliates and/or from third parties. Unless you opt out to accept any such offer(s), any PII provided to Live Nation for such purposes may be shared with our affiliates and such third-party partner(s), to allow our affiliates and/or such third parties to provide you with such offers. If would prefer that we no longer share your PII with our affiliates and/or with third parties for their marketing purposes, you may opt out of such future sharing at any time by clicking on the link at the bottom of the email that says "unsubscribe", provided however, you may not be able to opt out of certain third party offers that are displayed on our Site.
6. Use of This Site by Children
7. Security of Your PII
Live Nation employs reasonable security measures consistent with standard industry practice, for PII collected through this Site, including physical, electronic (such as Secure Socket Layer encryption – SSL) and operational measures to maintain security and prevent unauthorized access. While Live Nation takes all appropriate steps to safeguard PII under our control, unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or method of storing data can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As such, we cannot guarantee that PII supplied by users will not be accessed on our servers, or intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. We assume no liability for any damages you may suffer as a result of interception, alteration or misuse of information during such transfers. If you have reason to believe that there has been any breach of the security of the Site, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. Offline vs. Online Practices
9. Contacting Live Nation Regarding this Site
If you have any questions concerning this Policy, you may send them by email to our Privacy Officer at email@example.com. Please note that email communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information or other sensitive information in your email correspondence with us. You must send any official correspondence via postal mail to:
Live Nation Worldwide, Inc.
9348 Civic Center Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
Attention: Privacy Officer, Legal
10. Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information about how we share certain categories of personal information with third parties. California law gives you the right to send us a request at a designated address to receive the following information:
- the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year;
- the names and addresses of the third parties that received that information; and
- if the nature of the third party's business cannot be determined from their name, examples of the products or services marketed.
- We may provide this information in a standard format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thanks again for using Live Nation!
© 2012 Live Nation Worldwide, Inc. All rights reserved.