Moderator Abuse of Power

Re: Moderator Abuse of Power

Posted 23 Nov 2019, 8:47:14

can we please ban PhilippeLandry and Dirkvandamme. this site would be free and beautiful without these vermin. Now Dirkvandamme is changing every single setlist I create and change.

Posted 25 Nov 2019, 7:55:40

this site would be free and beautiful without these vermin

Can we discuss this without insulting people? Please try again.

Posted 25 Nov 2019, 15:42:50

As a moderator, I must say that you are free to complain. However, if you want to be taken into consideration seriously, you're doing it wrong.

Posted 11 Dec 2019, 22:19:34

Oh boy are you doing this wrong. Provide points, proof, screenshots, stuff. Anything except what you did here. Youre not giving any reason, and no one is gonna hear your complaint if you dont provide more evidence and more, well, stuff in general.

Posted 5 Feb 2020, 19:26:08

Hello, the dirkvandamme (https://www.setlist.fm/user/dirkvandamme)has deleted all the festival's setlists, and does not delete the messages on my page (but when I write on his, he doesn't want me to write them and pretends that I delete them).
He also claims that I write the orchestral setlists twice in the right order even when I don't have a certain source to write them and when the name of the same orchestra has already been named (!).
I have kindly replied to him several times and he continues to contest, even if I have provided him with all the sources and I have repeated (many, but many times!) that it is absurd to rewrite the same thing twice without having certain sources.
Here is the source:
https://it.wikipedia.org/wiki/Festival_di_Sanremo_2020
and here is the setlist:
https://www.setlist.fm/festival/2020/festival-della-canzone-italiana-di-sanremo-2020-3bd77c74.html
where are the mistakes? The third day of the festival the artists sing in group.
The artists all play live accompanied by the orchestra.

Thank you

Last edited 5 Feb 2020, 19:32:34

Posted 5 Feb 2020, 19:28:38

Posted 5 Feb 2020, 19:31:23

and here is another example of an orchestra:
https://www.setlist.fm/search?query=verona&year=1913

Thank you

Posted 8 Sep 2020, 8:03:10

There's a lot of talk about 'rules as explained in the Guidelines.' The definition of the word guideline does not include any sense of requirement. There is at least one moderator on this site that seems to think a Guideline is Policy and gets belligerent about it. It makes for an unpleasant, non-community experience.

Maybe their needs to be a set of Guidelines for how Moderators interact with contributors. The more they make it a drag, the less this site fosters its value.

Posted 8 Sep 2020, 8:07:50

There's a lot of talk about 'rules as explained in the Guidelines.' The definition of the word guideline does not include any sense of requirement.

Following the guidelines is required. We could rename them rules, as that's basically what they are. Please follow the guidelines and also listen to the advice of moderators. Saves a lot of time and trouble.

Posted 8 Sep 2020, 8:10:21

Don't call them guidelines. Learn what it means to have a policy.

Would be great if you could address the atmosphere of belligerence. If not, expect a reduction in contribution

Posted 8 Sep 2020, 8:19:33

Don't call them guidelines.

They were guidelines in the early days of this website and gradually grew into a rule set. You're actually the first one to bring this up, but it's a valid point. Thanks.

Would be great if you could address the atmosphere of belligerence.

Some moderators might come across like that, but that's never intended. A lot of them aren't English native speakers and simply get their point across matter-of-factly. One of the most important aspects of this website is data quality and consistency. This is why users and moderators are so adamant about following the guidelines. Adding songs in the wrong format messes with the statistics and decreases the data quality.

Posted 8 Sep 2020, 8:23:54

I appreciate your response.

Moderators need to appreciate that contributors (1) may have data that can add value and (2) may not have the time to perfect the data entry.

After entering a setlist from a 30 year-old show that had no data and being told “You did this wrong.' Can make a contributor feel less than appreciated. Your contributors are your asset. Your data quality people are also an asset, but there's no reason for them to expect perfection from someone not in that role.

Posted 8 Sep 2020, 8:33:32

I wholeheartedly agree with everything you just wrote.

“You did this wrong.' Can make a contributor feel less than appreciated.

Definitely. There's a world of difference between “You did this wrong” and “Welcome to setlist.fm and thanks for your contribution! I corrected the medley for you as the guidelines/rules say that …”. There's really no harm in adding “please”, “thank you” and helpful pointers.

setlist.fm isn't that easy for new contributors with all the special markup tags. But a new edit form has been added some weeks ago that takes the burden from knowing most guidelines by heart as it automatically applies them.

Anyway, thanks for your suggestions. I'll pass them on to the moderators.

Posted 8 Sep 2020, 8:38:59

I'd appreciate it if you could also review some of the recent profile comments from Dirkvandamme. Phrases like “don't come complaining in two years time because someone might have deleted 'your' setlist.” come off as anything but collaborative.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.