Suggestion Box

Re: Suggestion Box

Posted 3 Jan 2019, 10:26:53

They need a “report this thread” button on the forums. There is so much spam for diet supplements , snake oil & other garbage that is not even music related. It sits there for days or longer. The mods don't seem to see it and delete it, (but they did delete my post asking for a report button.) The spam is still there though. Maybe if there was a report button it would make it easier for them.

Posted 7 Jan 2019, 1:14:24

I don't know why the spam is still there. It has been reported. I will send up another report.

Posted 8 Jul 2019, 2:38:40

I started to list some concerts here and the statistics looks nice. But when I add a headliner and a support act for wxample, the venue counts twice. Can you find a solution that one concert at the same place same date will be only listed once in the history?

Another point is that I can not add a concert from an artist who is already listed on https://musicbrainz.org/.

And it would be nice to allow a littke upload like the original ticket.

Cheers from Germany, Andy

Posted 9 Jul 2019, 13:46:20

I started to list some concerts here and the statistics looks nice. But when I add a headliner and a support act for wxample, the venue counts twice.

This depends on the way you see the stats, it's “setlists/gigs seen at venue” not “concerts”. However this gets asked a lot, so it might be worth changing (or adding a different stat)

Another point is that I can not add a concert from an artist who is already listed on https://musicbrainz.org/.

If it's a newly created artist, then please wait for a few days (up to two weeks depending on the artist). If you've waited and think that there's something wrong, then please post it to the can't add artist from musicbrainz topic

And it would be nice to allow a littke upload like the original ticket.

True. This would be nice, it's planned but no ETA yet … sorry.

Cheers from Germany, Andy

Grüße zurück!

Posted 9 Jul 2019, 13:56:24

Vielen Dank Michi

Add New @Tag

Posted 11 Aug 2019, 16:31:00

It would be cool if there was a new tag @Jam to signify a notable “song” on the setlist, but not considered a “song” officially. For example, Guitar Solo or Band Intro could be written with @Jam so that it doesn't count as a song but also isn't signified as a tape.

And the picture could be like a guitar or drum set or keyboard like the tape tag.

Thanks!
Harrison

Posted 11 Aug 2019, 17:05:16

I like the idea. I think that it would be extremely useful.

Posted 2 Sep 2019, 19:32:26

Hey @michi, I've been thinking a bit more about my suggestion on page 1 of this thread regarding counting sets seen at a festival as a part of users' venue counts. It's been on my mind a lot since I posted that almost a year ago.

I think a great solution would be to add a “checkbox” underneath the “Venues” title that says something like “Include sets played at festivals”. It could default to unchecked when the page loads, which would leave the basic user statistic layout looking the same as it currently does. Then, if checked, one could also see this “new” statistic (or new way of counting the same statistic, to be pedantic).

I think this is a nice solution because it doesn't really expand the overall user statistic page, but it also builds in the new information rather seamlessly. It's a pretty simple solution, all told. I don't know exactly what your code looks like behind the scenes, but given my (albeit somewhat limited) coding knowledge, it also seems relatively easy to implement from a technological standpoint.

Just my thoughts. Thanks again for running such a great site!

Posted 9 Sep 2019, 8:38:02

Hey @michi, I've been thinking a bit more about my suggestion on page 1 of this thread regarding counting sets seen at a festival as a part of users' venue counts. It's been on my mind a lot since I posted that almost a year ago.

Thanks a lot! Combining the two stats by adding an option is a great idea. I added a task to check and estimate the effort. As you said, it seems relatively easy to implement from a distance, but the devil's always in the details.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.