setlist.fm to Spotify Exporter Chrome Extension

setlist.fm to Spotify Exporter Chrome Extension

Posted 20 Apr 2015, 8:51:06

I scratched my own itch and created a Chrome extension that takes setlists from here and automatically creates playlists on Spotify.

Please check it out, I'm very happy about any kind of feedback: setlist.fm to Spotify Exporter Chrome Extension.

(For all the technically inclined people, it's also open source and available on GitHub.)

Re: setlist.fm to Spotify Exporter Chrome Extension

Posted 13 Jul 2015, 6:33:13

Please check it out, I'm very happy about any kind of feedback

Nice! Actually this thread belongs to the API forum, as I've seen it by accident. I suppose it can't be avoided that the extension requires to “change and edit data on Spotify and Facebook” on install?

Posted 13 Jul 2015, 7:04:08

I suppose it can't be avoided that the extension requires to “change and edit data on Spotify and Facebook” on install?

Unfortunately not. This is probably the 'user-read-private' permission which is needed to filter tracks by availability in the user's country in order to display how many tracks were not found.

The only other three permissions I request are 'playlist-read-private', 'playlist-modify-public', and 'playlist-modify-private'. While the playlist-X-private permissions are not necessarily needed at the moment, I request them now in case I ever add some features.

Posted 13 Jul 2015, 7:38:41

I request them now in case I ever add some features.

That reminds me of the first Facebook/Twitter connect on setlist.fm. A lot of permissions were required as there were ideas for new features around. We then found out that a lot of people wouldn't register because of the additional (and at that stage unnecessary) permissions.

Posted 8 Oct 2017, 18:58:46

Wow, Great work! I was using MusConv.com tool to export my playlist to Spotify. I will try this extension and will surely post my feedback.

Posted 14 Oct 2017, 5:11:24

MusConv.com can help in this. You can combine multiple music libraries, or Export your music library from one music player to another music player using this tool.

Posted 16 Oct 2017, 7:28:03

MusConv.com can help in this.

How? I didn't find any setlist.fm option.

Posted 19 Dec 2017, 9:54:19

Hey guys. I just released this iOS app which allows you to see setlists and make Spotify playlists out of them. You can also use your username to see all the setlists you've been to in it. Hope this helps some of you!

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/setlistify/id1051356770?mt=8

Posted 26 Mar 2018, 4:40:18

Dude this is amazing!!!

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.