How to add concert dates?

How to add concert dates?

Posted 16 Jan 2021, 15:57:08

I signed up today purely to add two dates to a Roy Orbison concert tour I attended but which is not included on this website under the year identifier for the artist. I cannot remember the setlist as it was back in 1982 but it would have been the same at each venue in the UK. Am I able to add dates or is this something not possible for users signed in? I would also like to add the guest performer on tour with him.

Re: How to add concert dates?

Posted 18 Jan 2021, 8:41:41

Welcome to setlist.fm, seems like you've already found out how to add new setlists. For other users that have the same question, here's the link to the help resources to get you started.

Posted 18 Jan 2021, 16:42:05

Thank you Michi for the reply to my question on adding a concert date. I did find out how to submit those in the end. What I cannot find out how to do now is adding a Guest performer that was on the tour doing their own section as a warm up to the main artist. There is a section shown here on the particular artist tour statistics page for the year:-

[ Songs ] [ Albums ] [ Avg Setlist ] [ Covers ] [ With ] [ Concert map ]

But under the [ With ] heading appears the following message:-

Artist appearances at Roy Orbison concerts by year: 1982
- No artists joined Roy Orbison on stage in 1982

The information is incorrect to state No artists joined him on stage in that year. How do I go about adding the artist who joined him on stage?

Lastly, although I can find 'Roy Orbison' by typing in his name into the search bar at the top of the pages, he does not show up in the alphabetical 'browse by name' section down the page. I can only find a tribute band called 'The Roy Orbison Revival Band' that shows up in that section, and which is nothing to do with the actual artist himself, so he is missing from that section.

If you can help me further with the issues above that I cannot find in the help area I would be obliged. Thank you

Posted 19 Jan 2021, 7:22:08

First, you have to be aware that support acts and “With” artists are two different things. Artists that do a “warm up” before the main act do perform their own set and should therefore be added as separate setlist. “With” artists on the other hand are artists that come on stage during the set of the main artist and join them for a song or two (or more). Check the With artists section in the tutorial on how to add them to a setlist.

Lastly, Roy Orbison is currently on Page 51 under the letter O as the sort name is “Orbison, Roy”.

Posted 19 Jan 2021, 16:14:26

Thank you for the further help.

This means that the artist was a supporting artist and should have their own setlist but this artist is not listed as this time I put their name in the search bar with first name first and last but she does not show up among the thousands of artists. Her name is Carey Duncan and she supported Roy Orbison on his UK 1982 tour. But as I do not recall which songs she sang is it worth making a new artist for inclusion? I will leave that one I think.

Posted 21 Jan 2021, 0:00:18

When an artist is not in the search bar you can click “Artist missing?” and you can import the artist if the artist is listed on musicbrainz.org.

I checked musicbrainz and there is a Carey Duncan on there, but I don't think it's the one you are talking about. This one released a song called “Carey Duncan & Man With No Name ‎– Love And Affection”. It also has a different discogs page: https://www.discogs.com/artist/55817 vs. https://www.discogs.com/artist/1405973-Carey-Duncan-2

So, the Carey Duncan you are talking about should be added to musicbrainz before you can import her here. Quite a hassle for a beginner here, but it can be done ;)

Posted 21 Jan 2021, 0:25:49

Thank you Larshei,

I just checked those links you put and yes the first one is not the person I am talking about. It is the second one that is the Carey Duncan I saw in concert supporting Roy Orbison on his 1982 UK tour. She is not listed on musicbrainz.org though.

It is all a bit bothersome so I will leave it. Thank you both for the help you have given me.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.