Remove Set from Festival

Remove Set from Festival

Posted 2 Apr 2021, 20:58:42

Hey all,

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/gary-clark-jr/2019/jam-cellars-ballroom-napa-ca-23912877.html

This Gary Clark Jr show was a side show to the BottleRock Napa Festival and not part of the actual festival. I went to it and you had to buy a separate ticket.

Thanks a ton!

Re: Remove Set from Festival

Posted 6 Apr 2021, 6:36:38

Hi there,

just to confirm, before I mess with the festival dates :-) there weren't any BottleRock concerts at JaM Cellars Ballroom on May 24, 2019, right? So the Chevy Metal setlist on May 26, 2019 was the only one that was part of the festival for this venue? Or is this wrong too and JaM Cellars Ballroom wasn't a festival location at all?

Posted 18 Oct 2022, 12:29:20

Can the International Pop Overthrow festival please be removed from this setlist / show please? They illegally attached themselves to this performance without the bands permission or knowledge. Thanks

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-figgs/2022/montrose-saloon-chicago-il-1bb6492c.html

Last edited 18 Oct 2022, 12:29:43

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 6:41:08

Can the International Pop Overthrow festival please be removed from this setlist / show please?

No that's not possible.

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 12:44:31

Can you remove the entire setlist then? The info is incorrect. The Figgs performance was not in any way part of that festival.

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 13:01:06

The setlist shouldn't be deleted as the concert took place. According to this source it was part of the festival. As were the two performances on 7pm and 8pm.

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 13:13:01

That source you provided was a FB event page put up that the band knew nothing about. This account on Setlist.fm is attached to the bands office, and we are letting you know that even though the festival may have taken place during the afternoon at the same club on the same day, The Figgs did not play the International Pop Overthrow festival. Never have….

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 13:22:31

Sorry this sounds really strange. You mean the 7pm show and the 8pm show on the same stage were part of the festival and the 9pm show wasn't? Did they sell the tickets separately and throw out the audience after the 8pm show? Something's very odd here. It's no problem to remove the whole venue for the day from the festival. setlist.fm just can't unassign a setlist from a festival that took place on the day at the venue of a festival.

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 13:34:28

You're telling me! It was very strange,, and extremely upsetting (that's why we are so upset about this still being attached) to show up and see the band's name on a festival poster that was never ever mentioned to us.

If you look at their official website, you will see that we are not mentioned for the evening show as part of the festival. https://internationalpopoverthrow.com/schedules/ipo-2022-schedules/chicago-2022/

When a person is scrolling and looking at our shows from this year on Setlist.fm and see The Figgs at International Pop Overthrow 2022 , it's 100% incorrect info.

Last edited 19 Oct 2022, 13:42:23

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 13:44:10

Ah I see! Thanks a lot for the explanation, I get it now. Sorry for the questions, it just didn't make a lot of sense to me at first. I also read the conversation you had with moderator pomes27 on the same topic.

The thing is: unfortunately the festival feature isn't built for special cases like this. Festivals are assigned to venues for specific days and all setlists at the venues on those days are automatically assigned to the festival. There's currently nothing we can do about this apart from changing the date of the festival (which would exclude valid festival shows) or change the date of the setlist (which would then have the wrong date, but at least the setlist wouldn't need to be deleted, which would be a real shame). For this very special case I might actually tend to option two: use a date outside of the festival's dates and add an Info at the end of the setlist that explains why it's the wrong date. A future iteration of the festival feature should support removing individual shows from setlists – this way we can then change the date back and no data is lost.

To your question why there's a forum topic with the name “Remove set from festival” if that's not possible: Firstly, any user can start a forum topic with any name ;-) just as MarkEOrtega did with this one, secondly sometimes it is possible, just not if there are valid and invalid concerts at the same venue on the same day.

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 13:57:35

Thanks for taking the time to help us with this. The problem with your date changing suggestion is that it looks like they had all of the surrounding dates booked at the same venue! Maybe we will for the time being add the date as the following Monday, with the info at the bottom like you suggest and hope that at some point, the feature will become available to exclude shows from a festival that happened at the same venue on the same day. We have run into that a few times over the years. If you take a close look at the IPO schedule page you will notice that only on the night we played does it say “Montrose Saloon Presents!). I think they double booked and added our show in the middle of the festival and nobody cared to mention to us, or asked us if we wanted to be involved.

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 14:03:05

Actually I did notice “Montrose Saloon Presents!” straight away and found it very odd.

Maybe we will for the time being add the date as the following Monday, with the info at the bottom like you suggest and hope that at some point, the feature will become available to exclude shows from a festival that happened at the same venue on the same day.

This might be the best trade-off given the current technical restrictions. Personally I think it's better than deleting the setlist as this would have an even stronger impact on the statistics. Both song statistics and also users who were at the show.

All in all it's a first in 14 years, we really never run out of special cases round here.

Posted 19 Oct 2022, 14:06:52

Ha!!
What will keep other users and moderators from wanting to change it back to the real date though? We did put an @Info note at the bottom.

Also, if you remember, would you be able to let us know if the feature to separate a different show that happened at the same day and venue as a festival ever appears? Thanks again

Last edited 19 Oct 2022, 14:08:06

Posted 20 Oct 2022, 6:26:20

What will keep other users and moderators from wanting to change it back to the real date though?

Your comment and your roadie badge most likely will. It's thoroughly explained both on the setlist itself and in the editing history.

Posted 20 Oct 2022, 7:03:44

Dear all,

could you please remove/separate this setlist https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/leon/2022/frannz-club-berlin-germany-13b33d5d.html from the Kesselhaus Summer Stage Festival?
The Festival took place at the same date, but in the “Frannz Biergarten” with a focus on Reggae (https://www.reggaeinberlin.com/dates/frannz-biergarten-2022-08-16-kesselhaus-summer-stage-special-reggae).
Léon's concert was a separate event at “Frannz Club” (https://www.timeforgig.com/de/leon-berlin/events/k3vo1) (rescheduled from July 10th, 2022).

I hope the given information is sufficient. It would be great, if there is any chance to get this concert separated from the Festival.
Many thanks in advance.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.