Tampa Jam

Tampa Jam

Posted 9 Mar 2018, 20:36:02

Concert was 19 Aug 1978 University of Tampa football stadium. Artists were The Cooper Brothers, Wet Willie, Atlanta Rhythm Section, Black Oak Arkansas, Joe Cocker and Alvin Lee of Ten Years After as Headliner. Stage crew hosing us and we were steaming! Great show though.

Re: Tampa Jam

Posted 9 Nov 2019, 12:07:09

I went to this show. I lived in St.Pete and several of my friends and I made the 20 mile journey to join this party. I always had the idea that I saw a progressive instrumental band named the Dixie Dregs at this show also!? I will investigate further, although, I'm pretty sure this was THE band that stole the show that hot and hazy day….

Last edited 9 Nov 2019, 12:09:47

Posted 8 Jul 2020, 13:29:26

I was there too. Wet Willie did not make it. Dixie Dregs were not there. Joe Cocker was followed by Seals and Croft. ARS recorded the show for use on a live LP (which became the 'Are You Ready' album released in 1979, not sure what songs they used from this show on the record, if any). Huge paper cup fight. Hot as hell. Stage was still being built when we entered the venue early that morning. Crew hosed everyone down many times that day. Lots of drugs. Great music, great show.

Last edited 8 Jul 2020, 13:30:19

Posted 8 Jul 2020, 16:54:00

We have a Joe Cocker show listed for Aug 18 at the Fairgrounds. Do you think that was this show or a different one?

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.