Export user data

Re: Export user data

Posted 21 Oct 2018, 22:03:23

This tool is great! :D

Feature request: please consider including setlist songs in the export.

Bug report: CSV parsing breaks if a field value includes a comma. You can reproduce this using my username (r7earbuff) and looking for the row corresponding to the artist “A House, A Home”.

Thanks for your efforts!

Posted 29 Oct 2018, 9:42:12

Hi r7earbuff,

Thanks for the feedback!
> Feature request: please consider including setlist songs in the export.

For all concerts or for a specific concert?

> Bug report: CSV parsing breaks if a field value includes a comma. You can reproduce this using my username (r7earbuff) and looking for the row corresponding to the artist “A House, A Home”.

Thanks, I'll fix that ASAP.

Posted 30 Oct 2018, 1:22:55

Hi AllSparks!

> For all concerts or for a specific concert?

I was thinking for all concerts :o)

Let me know if you need any other info to investigate the comma issue. Thanks again!

Posted 1 Nov 2018, 13:30:48

Hi r7earbuff!

I'll see if there is a fast way to do and organize that in a single file (:
For the comma issue, I fixed it in the current version: I think the safest way is just to remove any commas in the file, except the delimiter. I could also just use another delimiter for the .csv file (for example tab) but then most of the commonly used software (e.g. Excel) won't open it correctly, so I figured it's best to keep it comma-separated.

Posted 1 Nov 2018, 14:15:37

Thanks AllSparks! Your solution sounds good + practical :) Maybe setlist songs could be exported to a single semicolon-separated field?

Posted 14 Jan 2019, 4:02:18

Any new AllSparks? If the code is available online somewhere I can have a go at adding the functionality if you don't have time. Let me know!

Edit: never mind, just found the repo <3

Last edited 14 Jan 2019, 4:03:41

Posted 14 Jan 2019, 16:31:58

Hi r7earbuff!

Sure, feel free to check out the code and if you have something ready I will try to embed it in the website as well (:

Posted 22 Apr 2019, 2:45:46

AllSparks, thank you for this – been hoping for this for a while and just found this forum post!
one quick note, I downloaded my shows and the dates come down in two different formats, half are DD-MM-YYYY and others are M/D/YYYY – not a big deal, just letting you know.
thank you again for great and much appreciated script!

Posted 26 Aug 2019, 18:04:18

Nice feature, thanks. Just to add my voice to those suggesting including song data in the csv download. Is there an existing way I can download setlist data (including song info) into a csv or txt file? I'm trying to learn RShiny and I thought building something with setlist data would motivate me to actually create something! I'm pretty new to coding overall though so I don't have much of a clue atm as to how to access this info in the first place. Any help appreciated, thanks :)

Posted 8 Feb 2020, 16:11:01

Hello,
I just discovered the tool. Super! Exactly what I needed. But I have a question (@Allsparks) about the structure of concert records in the csv file: what is the 2nd field? I have a long alphanumeric sequence, see below for ex:
07-02-2020,e8374874-4178-4869-b92e-fef6bf30dc04,Dropkick Murphys,Vorst Nationaal / Forest National,Vorst / Forest,BE,Belgium

Last edited 15 Feb 2020, 15:38:51

Posted 9 Feb 2020, 3:58:14

Is the only way to export/backup your data to download it into Excel/CSV?

I had a brief scare tonight when the site wouldn't load my page, and kept saying “Page Not Found”

So I copied all the entries into Excel just in case, but was wondering if there was another way.

Posted 10 Feb 2020, 14:56:52

jmediavi
There is an online tool at the bottom of page 1 of this thread.

Posted 10 Feb 2020, 14:57:31

Posted 10 Feb 2020, 17:00:44

@hanoirocks, thank you!

so could the back-up file be re-uploaded back to setlist.fm in case the original page was ever lost or corrupted?

Posted 6 Dec 2022, 18:34:28

Did anyone ever figure this out?

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.