Non-read-only API

Non-read-only API

Posted 7 Sep 2016, 15:56:17

Hello, I have read all the documentation and got to understand that the API only support GETs, is there any chance to obtain, also through (any kind of) a deal, access to authentication and editing of at least user information?

I am really interested in giving users the possibility to edit through the iOS App ( which I am almost done developing using the read-only available requests) some User information, in details:
– authntication/login/logout
– adding/removing a concert to the “concerts-i-have-been” personal list
– editing the last.fm connected account

To edit public content (setlists, artist, songs, ecc) I'd instead redirect directly to setlist.fm.

In case no API availability is offered, may i dare to ask if is there a (legal and authorized by the owners) suggested way to retrieve data from the www site (parsing html)? Beside pointing directly to the opened page?

Thank you for your time,
Lorenzo

Last edited 7 Sep 2016, 15:56:41

Re: Non-read-only API

Posted 8 Sep 2016, 7:21:00

Sorry Lorenzo, but writing and authenticating through the API is not available at this time. It's also not planned for the foreseeable future.

In case no API availability is offered, may i dare to ask if is there a (legal and authorized by the owners) suggested way to retrieve data from the www site (parsing html)? Beside pointing directly to the opened page?

Sorry, but also no. But what read-only data would you like to retrieve? Maybe it's possible to add it to the API.

Re: Non-read-only API

Posted 8 Sep 2016, 7:32:54

I see, well thank you anyway.

For the read-only:
I now found almost everything (i didn't see the “attended” list had a dedicated route, sorry), maybe just the friend list then, if compatible with the facebook and setlist privacy policy.

Thank you for the quick response!

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.