Comments on the new edit form

Re: Comments on the new edit form

Posted 24 Sep 2013, 8:09:55

I don't think so. I want to be able to copy and paste a entire venue name in the “Add Setlist” window, and not have to choose it from the dropdown list.

Gonna recheck this one then.

Also, could it be possible to make the 'add setlist with same artist/date/tour/venue' form (on the right side after adding a setlist) possible to be opened in multiple tabs at once (Ctrl-Click in Google Chrome).

Gonna check this one too.

thanks.

Posted 24 Sep 2013, 12:14:31

Forgot to mention this in my last post:

And you're now able to click on the green “Artist” or “Venue” to select the value in the text field.

Where is this? What screen are you talking about, and what does it do?

Last edited 24 Sep 2013, 12:14:38

Posted 24 Sep 2013, 15:38:35

es27, you wrote:

When editing a setlist, clicking the green Artist Name or Venue used to select the entire text in the text entry field.

That's what I meant.

Posted 24 Sep 2013, 22:42:53

Ahh, right, of course! Makes much more sense now! Thanks!

Posted 7 Oct 2013, 14:46:03

I don't think so. I want to be able to copy and paste a entire venue name in the “Add Setlist” window, and not have to choose it from the dropdown list.

Are you really sure that this doesn't work? I've just tested it and it did work. The limitation is of course that the pasted name is unique. If there are two or more venues with the same name, then it won't work.

Posted 8 Oct 2013, 1:32:07

Are you really sure that this doesn't work? I've just tested it and it did work. The limitation is of course that the pasted name is unique. If there are two or more venues with the same name, then it won't work.

I just tried it with “The Tivoli, Brisbane, Australia”, and got the message “Venue is required”…?

Posted 8 Oct 2013, 11:44:39

I just tried it with “The Tivoli, Brisbane, Australia”, and got the message “Venue is required“…?

Thanks. This example helped.

Posted 25 Feb 2014, 20:14:54

http://www.setlist.fm/forum/setlistfm/website-support/comments-on-the-new-edit-form-33d6b8dd?page=6#2bd69012

Although I do like that we can just copy-paste an entire venue name now, and not have to select it from the list :)

Just noticed today that this has been implemented – awesome!

Posted 3 Mar 2014, 0:37:31

Just noticed today that this has been implemented – awesome!

I think it's only for Moderators.

It will create a new venue if one doesn't exist. So beware of spelling/punctuation errors.

Posted 28 Aug 2014, 10:12:17

When editing a setlist, clicking the green Artist Name or Venue used to select the entire text in the text entry field.

This one has been broken again for the last few weeks.

Posted 16 Sep 2014, 20:57:26

Perhaps the phrase “Edit venue & date” could be misconstrued as meaning “only edit the venue and date at the same time”. Maybe it should be “Edit venue/date” instead?

That could explain the issue IntoTheLens has come to me with. There was a Christmas event in 1994 with Sheryl Crow and Hole (among others performing). I created a festival and removed the event name from Sheryl Crow's tour field. IntoTheLens said thanks, and could I please put the Hole setlist into the festival as well, as it currently has the wrong venue.

IntoTheLens seems to have been around since 2012 so perhaps they were only familiar with the previous edit form, and doesn't realise that they are able to correct the situation themselves.

Or, maybe they don't understand something else about the website (ie. not the wording of the edit setlist link) and has asked me to help anyway.

Posted 17 Sep 2014, 6:48:07

Or, maybe they don't understand something else about the website

Would be interesting why they didn't change it themselves.

Posted 20 Jan 2017, 16:41:50

hey been to see rush there good http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/rush/2012/toyota-center-houston-tx-53da3331.html there was a 20 min break before set 2

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.