Problems with songs

Re: Problems with songs

Posted 17 Oct 2018, 6:19:30

Not sure where else to post this. The song “Canada” by Dave Cousins belongs on the album released by Dave Cousins in 2008 called “Secret Paths”. The option to assign that song to that album does exist.

I can't see the song in any Dave Cousins setlist. We can only assign songs that are listed in a setlist somewhere.

Posted 17 Oct 2018, 12:33:39

^^^^
While the song was released on a Dave Cousins solo album, it has been played by the Strawbs. Here is the most recent performance.

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/strawbs/2018/palais-montcalm-quebec-city-qc-canada-1be94d50.html

Posted 17 Oct 2018, 14:11:30

While the song was released on a Dave Cousins solo album, it has been played by the Strawbs. Here is the most recent performance.
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/strawbs/2018/palais-montcalm-quebec-city-qc-canada-1be94d50.html

The album needs to be added to Musicbrainz for it to show up in our database. I just added this one, but it appears that a number of his other solo releases are missing from there as well, so you may want to go and add those as well at some point.

Posted 17 Oct 2018, 15:09:49

Thanks!

Posted 18 Oct 2018, 2:31:35

Mass edit request…
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/famous-last-words-bdcc172.html

Victim Of The Virtuoso > Victim of the Virtuoso Welcome To The Show > Welcome to the Show

Thx!
Dan

Posted 18 Oct 2018, 16:30:37

Famous Last Words, Appleseed Cast and Eisley – DONE!

Posted 19 Oct 2018, 4:30:04

It's only on the cd release that the song is called Bobby Brown Goes Down. And Frank Zappa's cd release were not that good… and we better stay away from them as much as possible.

And what the hell are you talking about with I Have Been in You? That's the first song of the album that has nothing to do with Bobby Brown.

Posted 19 Oct 2018, 7:30:06

It's only on the cd release that the song is called Bobby Brown Goes Down. And Frank Zappa's cd release were not that good… and we better stay away from them as much as possible.

No, it's not as you can see in the provided link. You can see it is a vinyl.

And what the hell are you talking about with I Have Been in You? That's the first song of the album that has nothing to do with Bobby Brown.

I'm not talking about that song. It's just the B-Side of the single pictured in the link.

Posted 19 Oct 2018, 12:27:40

Regarding the song The End Is The Beginning Is The End by The Smashing Pumpkins:

The song was not just a single, but recorded for and released on 1999 compilation soundtrack that accompanied the motion picture „Batman & Robin“ that included also the song The Beginning Is The End Is The Beginning and had a Batman video clip. The album is not listed so I can‘t choose it to assign it – please can someone add the album and assign it? Thanks in advance.

Posted 19 Oct 2018, 23:09:06

Time Is on My Side
(Kai Winding & His Orchestra cover)

This song, popularized by the Rolling Stones, is best described as a cover of an Irma Thomas song since her version had all the lyrics in place. The Kai Winding version is essentially an instrumental.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.
This topic is locked