Problems with songs

Re: Problems with songs

Posted 12 Nov 2018, 4:19:53

With regard to recent changes by a moderator on Ringo Starr setlists with Gregg Rolie.

As these setlists now stand “Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen” is now considered a medley according to the site guidelines. It is NOT a medley. Anyone who has been to one of these shows would know that both songs are played in their entirety. As such, the correct way to post this would be as “Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen”, similar to say a Burton Cummings setlist that shows “No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature” – two complete songs, one flowing into the second.

Posted 12 Nov 2018, 6:07:49

With regard to recent changes by a moderator on Ringo Starr setlists

The guy who made that Ringo Starr's setlist wrong also made this mistake:

This song
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/jason-crest-53d6afed.html?song=Les+Champs-Élysées
should be a Joe Dassin cover. It used to rightfully be.

The music may have been not written by Jason Crest, the lyrics were entirely re-written by a french guy that didn't kept a single line of the english version. Yet, it is wrongfully considered as a Jason Crest cover.

Last edited 12 Nov 2018, 6:11:45

Posted 12 Nov 2018, 7:26:49

With regard to recent changes by a moderator on Ringo Starr setlists with Gregg Rolie.
As these setlists now stand “Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen” is now considered a medley according to the site guidelines. It is NOT a medley. Anyone who has been to one of these shows would know that both songs are played in their entirety. As such, the correct way to post this would be as “Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Queen”, similar to say a Burton Cummings setlist that shows “No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature” – two complete songs, one flowing into the second.

On your profile page other moderators have been in contact with you about this matter.

Other moderators came to this conclusion

It's about 3.40 Black Magic Woman and about 1.30 jamming with parts of Gypsy Queen. It's hard to tell, because Gypsy Queen plays mainly on the same chord, whereas the ending of “Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Woman” partly refers to this without exactly covering it. I would rather say the last part is based on Gypsy Woman.

I think it is more Black Magic Woman than Gypsy Queen but I think there is still a strong Gypsy Queen element to it from the rhythm of the entire song to that last 1:30 of the song that is more or less jamming to Gypsy Queen.

Last edited 12 Nov 2018, 8:10:03

Posted 12 Nov 2018, 7:28:56

The guy who made that Ringo Starr's setlist wrong also made this mistake:
This song
https://www.setlist.fm/stats/songs/jason-crest-53d6afed.html?song=Les+Champs-Élysées
should be a Joe Dassin cover. It used to rightfully be.
The music may have been not written by Jason Crest, the lyrics were entirely re-written by a french guy that didn't kept a single line of the english version. Yet, it is wrongfully considered as a Jason Crest cover.

https://secondhandsongs.com/performance/59586
You've already been told that for a translated cover, the lyrics don't have to be a litirally translation, but still you seem to hammer on this.

Last edited 12 Nov 2018, 7:29:55

Posted 12 Nov 2018, 9:30:06

Couple of issues with songs by the artist Nicole Atkins. I've tried to change these, but they keep reverting.

“Too Late” should be @Song[Bash & Pop feat. Nicole Atkins]

“Call Me The Witch” should be @Song[Cotton Mather with Nicole Atkins]

Posted 12 Nov 2018, 18:08:56

the lyrics don't have to be a litirally translation,

Well, when nothing remains, it's a whole new song. You're the only one who wants that song to be considered as a Jason Crest. In my opinion 100% – 1 people here consider it as a song by Joe Dassin. You're that one.

Posted 13 Nov 2018, 0:29:27

It's about 3.40 Black Magic Woman and about 1.30 jamming with parts of Gypsy Queen. It's hard to tell, because Gypsy Queen plays mainly on the same chord, whereas the ending of “Black Magic Woman/Gypsy Woman” partly refers to this without exactly covering it. I would rather say the last part is based on Gypsy Woman.
I think it is more Black Magic Woman than Gypsy Queen but I think there is still a strong Gypsy Queen element to it from the rhythm of the entire song to that last 1:30 of the song that is more or less jamming to Gypsy Queen.

Regardless of the length of Black Magic Woman and Gypsy Queen, much more than a snippet is played. A snippet is defined as a few lines of a song and a medley is a mix of 2 or more snippets. Also in a live performance, it is not uncommon to see artists improvise or deviate from the studio version of a song, or what you might call a jam. Black Magic Woman and Gypsy Queen should not be considered a medley. Seriously, how do you have a medley with 2 songs that lasts over 7 minutes?

On your profile page other moderators have been in contact with you about this matter.

Besides yourself, one other moderator has been in contact with me on this issue and agrees with me 100%.

Last edited 13 Nov 2018, 3:35:22

Re: Problems with songs and spelling

Posted 13 Nov 2018, 20:17:54

How can I correct error spelling in track list.
Band: “Ring Van Möbius”
The intro track is named correct “The Möbius Theme Intro”
But I did a little mistak and listen “The Møbius Intro.
I have correct the spelling in the set list, and saved it, but it still go back to 'Møbius' instead of Möbius.
The same with 'the' instead of correct 'The'. (Past the Evening Sun – Past The Evening Sun)
Why can't we correct errors in the track lists?
I want to have the details correct.
But it's impossible to correct wrong spelling etc… the – The …..

Ernst

Posted 14 Nov 2018, 9:11:41

Hooter: With regard to recent changes by a moderator on Ringo Starr setlists

PhilippeLandry: The guy who made that Ringo Starr's setlist wrong also made this mistake:

@PhilippeLandry Another example of you turning other people's words
Hooter wrote recent changes you make out of this 'wrong'.
The only thing I did to the Black Magic Woman / Gypsy Queen for Ringo Starr was delete the Santana cover tag. Now the discussion has turned into 'should this be considered a medley or seperate songs'
There's still discussions about this amongst the moderators about how this should be handled.

Last edited 14 Nov 2018, 17:19:51

Posted 14 Nov 2018, 18:29:20

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.
This topic is locked