Setlist auto-added to wrong festival

Setlist auto-added to wrong festival

Posted 11 Aug 2019, 17:25:06

The site auto-added this setlist to a festival that it's not a part of:
https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/the-coverslaves/2018/pakkahuone-tampere-finland-39e215f.html

It's an Iron Maiden cover band, they did not play a tango festival :D

Can I do something to correct the mistake or could a mod please correct it?

Re: Setlist auto-added to wrong festival

Posted 13 Aug 2019, 6:07:47

Are venue and date of the concert correct? Are date and venue for the festival correct?

Also, please always add an edit comment when adding a new setlist.

Posted 13 Aug 2019, 7:23:21

Yes, the dates are correct. The festival ran from Sep 13 to Sep 16, but had a show at Pakkahuone only on Sep 15. All other festival shows were at the other venues. The Coverslaves played at Pakkahuone on Sep 14, not affiliated with the festival.

What should the comment say when adding a setlist? I found no mention of such a requirement in the tutorial or guidelines.

Last edited 13 Aug 2019, 7:28:31

Posted 13 Aug 2019, 13:48:45

Yeah, you hit a technical restriction there. It's currently not possible to not assign setlists to a festival when playing at a venue where a festival takes place during the same timespan. Sorry.

Posted 13 Aug 2019, 14:57:47

Actually, i think there is way to fix some cases of this issue. If you go to the page for the festival and scroll down to the list of venues, you can click edit and then change the date range on just that one venue. I just tried it, and it appears to work. The Coverslaves show on the 14th is no longer listed as being part of the festival.

Obviously this only works if a venue only is part of a festival for one day, or at least only consecutive days. If it's like multiple dates with days off in between this won't work.

Last edited 13 Aug 2019, 15:00:20

Posted 13 Aug 2019, 15:01:37

Excellent! Thank you.

Will keep that in mind if I run into this problem in the future.

Posted 14 Aug 2019, 5:37:10

Obviously this only works if a venue only is part of a festival for one day, or at least only consecutive days. If it's like multiple dates with days off in between this won't work.

You're of course right. I obviously missed the part where Vintsukka explained that the festival had only one performance on Sep 15 there. My fault, sorry!

Last edited 14 Aug 2019, 5:37:21

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.