Site Policy on Stay At Home Shows

Site Policy on Stay At Home Shows

Posted 30 Apr 2020, 18:37:45

What is the site policy on assigning a “tour” name for an artist who is playing regular livestream shows during the current stay at home situation? While not a “tour”, they are a series of shows similar to a tour would be. And I think it adds value to categorize them as a tour so we can track song stats, etc.

Users tracking Brian Fallon's regular livestreams have been calling his shows “Quaratine Shows”, but one user has taken it upon himself to remove this from all shows. I wanted to get the official word from moderators before getting into an edit/revert dispute.

Thanks!

Re: Site Policy on Stay At Home Shows

Posted 30 Apr 2020, 23:57:35

And I think it adds value to categorize them as a tour so we can track song stats, etc.

Personally, I agree with this. FWIW, I would personally call them “2020 Quaratine Shows” shows – I like to use this format to neatly separate/order official and unofficial tour names (eg. John Butler Trio).

Posted 2 May 2020, 11:57:19

Multiple users have been using tags along the lines of “Quarantine Live Streams” to keep track of artists' shows, particularly those who have done many during this pandemic (such as AJJ), and I agree that giving these shows a name makes complete sense, in order to compile statistics for the shows and compare them (isn't that what this website is for??). But at least one user, Danhurley, has been unilaterally removing the tour names from each show, and it is very time consuming to go back and forth adding and removing the tour from each show (in AJJ's case, I think there are currently 37 shows), so sound policy would be more than welcome right now and seems very needed during these uncertain times. The consensus seems to be toward giving the shows a uniform tour name, and only rogue users seem intent on removing them – so that good faith edits by dedicated users don't go to waste, some action seems needed here ASAP.

Posted 2 May 2020, 12:28:00

Not to mention that user's best argument against them seems to be that they are “fake tours” and he “google[s] them and nothing comes up.” Seems like a higher standard should be used here to delete various tours across various artists despite clear fan consensus. I have invited Danhurley to post his reasoning in this thread so that we can reach a consensus and get more mod input. Do let me (and blumsf17 and Danhurley) know if setlist.fm has a better avenue for resolving edit wars.

Posted 2 May 2020, 12:43:59

Sorry to add a third message here without response, but it seems likely that the user that began this drama (Danhurley) is a troll, evidenced by messages that he has left on my userpage. Unfortunately it seems like setlist.fm doesn't have a report user function and if it does, it's not intuitive, but Danhurley at this point seems to fit the criteria. I've been a user of this site for over a decade(!) and have never had an issue until Danhurley, this week. Ordinarily I would delete such weird and rude messages from my userpage but I will leave them there so mods and all parties to this conversation can see.

Posted 2 May 2020, 13:19:19

I would refer the mods to the edits/comments section of this show: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/ajj/2020/private-venue-phoenix-az-6b86bee2.html
to see another user frustrated with Danhurley's constant removal of tour tags from these types of shows. One dude is frustrating so many dedicated users of the site, any action would be greatly appreciated.

Posted 2 May 2020, 13:29:56

I hope that mods have a way to see deleted comments on his profile, but apparently user Danhurley has deleted at least 10 comments from mods as well as frustrated users within the last hour.

Posted 2 May 2020, 20:17:12

I agree with Jake's assessment of all of this. Danhurley is doing the same thing to all of Brian Fallon's livestream setlists. I am fully in favor of the site admins setting a new policy for this situation, and will abide by their decision.

Jake, trolls can be reported here: https://www.setlist.fm/forum/setlistfm/website-support/spam-troll-user-3d6b9df

Posted 3 May 2020, 4:00:56

I would like to see the above suggestion of Tour: “Quarantine Shows 2020″ approved so it can be implemented on artists who are playing a number of these streaming shows. Two of the artists I maintain are doing them and I'd add as soon as modmins decide. It will allow for easy filtering and statistics in the future, instead of a searcher trying to remember “when did the stay at home orders start” etc.

Last edited 4 May 2020, 1:34:54

Posted 3 May 2020, 11:10:33

Obviously with the global quarantine situation being ongoing and unprecedented, the current version of the guidelines hasn't allowed for such cases. Actually, if we want to be strict to the rule of the guidelines, these setlists shouldn't exist at all.

https://www.setlist.fm/guidelines
Only performances in front of an audience are allowed.

However it has been discussed across the website to make an exception for these shows.

As I said above, I personally don't see anything wrong with using the tour feature to group together quarantine shows. This can be in whatever format you deem appropriate, so long as it's consistent throughout the artists setlists.

Hopefully admin can weigh in on the topic next week.

Last edited 3 May 2020, 12:51:52

Posted 4 May 2020, 20:05:28

The link to Devin's tshirt that he is selling, the artist-made merch and he named this run of shows. https://www.instagram.com/p/B_XiEKsKzQN/

Posted 4 May 2020, 23:05:58

Yep, that's about as definite as it can get.

https://www.setlist.fm/guidelines

1. A specific tour name, e.g. The Rolling Stones “50 and Counting Tour”. You can typically find tour names on the ticket stub, tour T-shirt, tour program, or the artist's website.

Posted 4 May 2020, 23:36:44

pomes27, what is the best way to get a site admin's attention on this topic? Currently everyone participating in the discussion is in agreement except the one person who is aggressively changing all the setlists.

Posted 5 May 2020, 0:27:02

This is getting out of hand and definitely much more so because Danhurley is not being transparent, he deletes every comment left on his page, and even deletes his comments on other users pages so it’s hard to keep track of what’s going on. Meanwhile, while he will not weigh in here despite being invited to, he has started this separate conversation on exactly the same issue: https://www.setlist.fm/forum/music/setlists-concerts-and-tours/wrong-festival-name-2bd6cc4a#4bd76b7a

Posted 5 May 2020, 3:01:06

Also I agree with blusf17 on this one, it seems a little ridiculous that one user's quest to impose his own views is throwing such a wrench in the gears for a site that so many people use. There seems to be a clear consensus here toward allowing it, and even the lone user opposed has refused to participate here and deletes all other productive discussions on the matter. It seems pretty easy to put to rest to just ask him to stop making disruptive edits – is this possible? His contributions further the site in no way whatsoever, I am not sure what is still up for debate. Sorry to be blunt, but it seems wild that one user can cause such a disruption.

You're not allowed to do this, please sign in first.